Is there any way a fingerprint reader can be used with appsheet?

Is there any way a fingerprint reader can be used with appsheet? A client just decided he wants fingerprint verification in the solution we’re developing… anxious moment for the project…

0 4 1,244
4 REPLIES 4

@Gerald_Kariuki
Are we talking about an external fingerprint reader device connected to the device or mobile device’s internal fingerprint reader? What’s the client’s plan with that? Can you elaborate?

Hi @LeventK
I’m working on an application that has an attendance component, and the client is interested in using fingerprint reader to authenticate/ verify users. Any tyoe of reader that can work whether external, portable on on device will do… I now need to find a way to have appsheet read from a reader or use data posted by one in available

@Gerald_Kariuki
I believe that’s not so easily possible. To verify a fingerprint, you need to have a fingerprint database on the first hand and it’s important provided how your fingerprint data is stored. Provided they are stored as images I don’t think that AppSheet has an algorithm for that. Provided they are stored as hash tags, then there may be chance. But I strongly believe it’s not possible - at least at the moment.

oh I see… That would be a really powerful add on though… Thanks for taking the time

Top Labels in this Space