Update app thorough email via API

Is it currently possible to update an application via an email sent to the API?

I have a system that cannot be directly integrated with AppSheet. This system sends out email updates. Would it be possible to send an email to the API which would then update rows within my application?

0 4 358
4 REPLIES 4

What is the system, if I may ask? If it can POST to an endpoint (rather than email), then YES, you can use AppSheet API to update rows within your application.

If, however, it can only send emails (and one of the recipients is a specific gmail), then you could write a (google apps) script that reads the email and populates your Gsheet which is connected to your app.

The system sending the email is Oracle Business Intelligence. Iโ€™m not certain whether the system has the ability to POST to an endpoint but, that does not appear to be an option available to the end users (me). Iโ€™d rather not attempt to engage our IT department on anything related to AppSheet so, Iโ€™m looking for other avenues.

While I expect a google app script to be potentially more powerful than Zapier, I am not very experienced with GAS. Therefore, Iโ€™ll attempt @Philโ€™s suggestion to use Zapier first. If that doesnโ€™t work, Iโ€™ll see what I can get setup through GAS.

Thanks for the suggestions!

@Michael
To the best of my knowledge Oracle Business Intelligence does not POST to an endpoint. Therefore GAS or Zapier will be best solution in your case.

Jayaram suggestion will work.

Another alternative would be to use Zapier. The email could trigger your Zap. You Zap could use the AppSheet API to perform the update. To perform the update see the series of article starting with https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1979966-api-the-essentials

Top Labels in this Space