Is there any way to set up a "Trigger" on an ...

Is there any way to set up a โ€œTriggerโ€ on an app?

I.E. a condition is met on either the same table or different table but not in the same row or view and it automatically updates another data cell that has the โ€œTriggerโ€ formula.

0 7 341
7 REPLIES 7

What kind of trigger are you thinking? What it should trigger?

I have 3 apps that all communicate with one another, what I would like is for if a certain condition is met itโ€™ll change the status of other tables.

I.e. I have 4 apps that all communicate with one another:

1.) An equipment inventory app 2.) A service app - to keep track of any outstanding repairs requested on the equipment as well as historical repair info 3.) A delivery app to keep track of outstanding delivery requests 4.) A client app that can:

A.) see any equipment marked available on our inventory app as well as request that equipment And

B.) submit repair orders on equipment assigned to them

The triggers that I want is for if there is ever any outstanding repair orders or request orders my inventory app automatically updates the status away from available so that clients canโ€™t request a piece that needs repair or two clients canโ€™t request the same item.

I can think of several instances where a โ€œTriggerโ€ would be very useful.

I believe the easiest solution could be the new API feature. Another solution is the data change workflow which can do that inside of the app.

Yeah Iโ€™m currently working on Grouped actions and just have all things flow through those which can be tweaked to do the same thingโ€ฆ but I can think of a couple instances where this method might have something fall through the cracks.

What is the new API feature?

https://blog.appsheet.com/feature-friday-app-integrations-and-zapier-app blog.appsheet.com - Feature Friday: Integrate AppSheet Apps with Virtually Any Service! Feature Friday: Integrate AppSheet Apps with Virtually Any Service! blog.appsheet.com

So Iโ€™ve realized that I canโ€™t do it by actions because if they cancel their request then the action still occurs resulting incorrect information

Top Labels in this Space