Issue Report: App Crash on Image Upload Since Appsheet iOS 16.0 Update

Hello Team,

I've encountered a recurring issue with our app where it unexpectedly shuts down when attempting to upload an image that has been taken directly through the app. This problem started occurring after the recent update to Appsheet iOS version 16.0. The app closes entirely at the point of upload, without saving any progress or displaying an error message. This issue has been consistently reproducible under the same circumstances. Could we investigate the potential causes of this crash, possibly related to changes made in the latest update, such as memory handling or a bug in the image processing workflow?

Thanks for checking this out!

Solved Solved
3 14 381
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, thanks for your patience. This is now fixed with v16.01 of the iOS app. If you are experiencing issues, please navigate to the AppSheet app in the app store to get it updated for v16.01. Please let us know if you still experience any issue. Thanks.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

@AleksiAlkio @TeeSee1 @Joseph_Seddik Please, can you help me?

Same issue here for iOS user

I just found a solution; in my case, button Save images to gallery must be activated. Anyway, I think it might be a bug in the update. Let me know if this works for you

I gave it a try and it worked. Thank you for sharing!

@Juan_Gaviria thanks for reporting this. We are looking into this issue and will update soon

Thanks for reporting. We have identified the issue and will be issuing a fix shortly. Note that this should only affects users who have disabled "Save images to gallery" in the editor->settings->general section. (Can be a possible workaround if you allow this setting until the new version of the app is released).

Hi, I've tried allowing image input from gallery but the app still crashes. However, enabling save images to gallery does solve the issue.

This morning, when all my users started using the app, around half of them got one of 2 new errors. Either "A task was canceled" or "Unable to save image โ†’ User rate limit exceeded."

Unable to Save Images.jpeg

So I've had to turn off the save images to gallery option, so that the majority of my users (Android users) are still able to use the app, at the expense of my iOS users. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this, or if it is just that my app has too many users using it at the same time and this cannot be fixed?

Also, I would really appreciate it if you can let us know when the iOS issue with uploading images will be fixed (an ETA would be much appreciated). As of now, none of my iPhone users who has updated AppSheet to version 16.0 can use it.

Seriously critical issue...

Apps crashing for heavy picture based apps requiring this feature are pretty much completely unusable...

Do any staff have any updates on this?

Hi, thanks for your patience. This is now fixed with v16.01 of the iOS app. If you are experiencing issues, please navigate to the AppSheet app in the app store to get it updated for v16.01. Please let us know if you still experience any issue. Thanks.

Hi Mandard,

Thanks. When was this update rolled out?

this was rolled out on Wed, the same day i posted. You might need to navigate to the app store's ApSheet app page and click the update button.

Hi @mandard Thanks for the news! Do you know anything about bugs in Android devices? I just received notifications of errors loading images from Android. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi @Juan_Gaviria can you file a separate ticket and include me and @Gil on it? Thanks

Thanks! No issues on iOS now

Top Labels in this Space