Issue with Data Loading in Full-Screen View

Hello AppSheet community,

I'm currently experiencing an issue with data loading in full-screen view when running my application.

Specifically, when I execute a Bot to retrieve data automatically (approximately 10 - 50 rows, 10 columns), I've tried both cases where the Bot triggers an action or calls a Webhook. The Bot execution is successful, but when I go to review the result data, it doesn't load (even though my application is in fast sync mode, and I've tried syncing multiple times and even refreshing the application's web page), the data still doesn't load. It takes several minutes for the data to load successfully in full-screen view.

At the same time, I've checked the data source in Google Sheets and in the editor's preview mode, and everything appears to be working well (as shown in the attached images).

Has anyone encountered a similar issue, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to address this?

Thank you very much.

z4800464651331_04786ab0bfe44244bfb8115a858a2fbc.jpgz4800464672937_a5932a3f18fdc8a5fe8d996e8dfe9766.jpg

0 2 113
2 REPLIES 2

@T_I_Phong wrote:

when I execute a Bot to retrieve data automatically (approximately 10 - 50 rows, 10 columns), I've tried both cases where the Bot triggers an action or calls a Webhook.

This seems contradictory.  By "retrieve data" do you actually mean inserting rows into your app?  I'll assume you do.

Note: depending on HOW you have built your actions/automation AND how involved that process is to insert the new rows - 50 row insertions can take a few minutes.  The reason is that AppSheet is likely processing each row insertion one-by-one.  The cycle through your set of actions has a lot of overhead and each iteration can take several seconds before the row is physically inserted in the app.  But the automation may not make the new rows available until the end of the processing.

Again this all depends on how your automation has been built. 

I will say, I have a similar approach where a single row inserted in one table results in up to a couple of hundred extra rows inserted across about 6 other tables.  I have broken down this process into as small of pieces I can think, creating separate Bots using the AppSheet API.  I still run into Time Out errors frequently in one of these Bots that inserts a maximum of 110 rows.  In my opinion, It should NOT take over 2 minutes to insert 110 rows...but it does.  I am looking at a Script-based approach to see if I can improve this. 

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

I have a similar approach where a single row inserted in one table results in up to a couple of hundred extra rows inserted across about 6 other tables.

Thank you for your feedback.

This is also the method I used to add the rows of data mentioned to another table. I've even tried two methods:

• Calling an action.
  • Calling a webhook (API).

Both methods successfully add data to another table as I intended. However, the difference and the issue I'm facing are as follows:

• When I operate in the preview mode within the app editor, the data is synchronized immediately after the Bots complete their execution.

• When I operate in full-screen view (desktop view), the data doesn't synchronize immediately, even though I've clicked the sync button multiple times and refreshed the web page.

The delay in data synchronization in full-screen view (desktop view) is the issue I'm currently experiencing (My application is set to Quick Sync).

Top Labels in this Space