Issue with MakeDoc

Iโ€™ve been using the MakeDoc workflow action for months now and itโ€™s always worked really well. Recently, however, it hasnโ€™t been working reliably for me so I pulled up the logs to see what was going on. The workflow shows that its successful but the file name and location are wrong. Itโ€™s creating a file called .pdf and just overwrites itself as new content is generated in the location Files/.pdf. I havenโ€™t changed anything on my end and itโ€™s started happening in two of my apps. Any thoughts?

Here is the log from one of the failures versus one of the successful ones:

0 8 208
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post a screenshot of the expression youโ€™re using to generate the file name.

Hereโ€™s the expression:
concatenate(โ€œServiceOrderReport - โ€œ, Month([Date]),โ€-โ€,Day([Date]),"-",Year([Date]), " - ", [Time Slot])

Please post a screenshot of the report configuration.

Is this what youโ€™re looking for?

It is, and it looks good to me.

Are you actually getting the Files/.pdf file? Does it contain the correct report output?

Yes sir. The data is there, it just keeps overwriting the โ€œ.pdfโ€ file. It seems like the issue is intermittent too because I tried to recreate the issue and it went through fine but itโ€™s been happening on and off since last Thursday.

I was thinking if the report was corrupted, there might be a problem accessing the template, causing some confusion behind the scenes, but doesnโ€™t sound like thatโ€™s the case.

This definitely sounds like a bug to me. I recommend you engage support@appsheet.com for help. Please let us know what they find!

Sounds good, thank you Steve!

Top Labels in this Space