Issue with MakeDoc

I’ve been using the MakeDoc workflow action for months now and it’s always worked really well. Recently, however, it hasn’t been working reliably for me so I pulled up the logs to see what was going on. The workflow shows that its successful but the file name and location are wrong. It’s creating a file called .pdf and just overwrites itself as new content is generated in the location Files/.pdf. I haven’t changed anything on my end and it’s started happening in two of my apps. Any thoughts?

Here is the log from one of the failures versus one of the successful ones:

0 8 207
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post a screenshot of the expression you’re using to generate the file name.

Here’s the expression:
concatenate(“ServiceOrderReport - “, Month([Date]),”-”,Day([Date]),"-",Year([Date]), " - ", [Time Slot])

Please post a screenshot of the report configuration.

Is this what you’re looking for?

It is, and it looks good to me.

Are you actually getting the Files/.pdf file? Does it contain the correct report output?

Yes sir. The data is there, it just keeps overwriting the “.pdf” file. It seems like the issue is intermittent too because I tried to recreate the issue and it went through fine but it’s been happening on and off since last Thursday.

I was thinking if the report was corrupted, there might be a problem accessing the template, causing some confusion behind the scenes, but doesn’t sound like that’s the case.

This definitely sounds like a bug to me. I recommend you engage support@appsheet.com for help. Please let us know what they find!

Sounds good, thank you Steve!

Top Labels in this Space