Issue with Template using <<Start>> and <<End>>

I am using a form with a header/lines setup and upon additions to the header table, Iโ€™m sending the data through to a task (based on some conditions) to email the submitted information out.

I wanted to change the reply-to address so Iโ€™m using a non-default output configuration and I chose to let AppSheet create the output body template for me:

However, when I get the email, Iโ€™m missing all of the โ€œlinesโ€ and only get the header information even though the lines are referenced exactly as this document lines out:
Using Start expressions in templates | AppSheet Help Center

3X_b_0_b02aef0681475e5d9b57d24df46f9f5d9f058f5d.png

When I look at the event monitor, the referenced lines (VC) just shows: โ€œโ€ even though there are lines which reference the header.

Event Monitor

Data source (showing a line w/ the same header ID)

It seems like a bug, but maybe Iโ€™m using the wrong approach?

Solved Solved
0 7 200
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

3X_0_3_03dbdacbc5b290a762f11c2a7d4828f12db49932.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Your START formula is missing the key column e.g.

<<START: [Related PO Request Lines][Key Column]>>

The original <<Start>> expression was fine: [Related PO Request Lines] is already a list of Ref.

@1minManager thanks for your reply!

I added that and Iโ€™m still getting the same results.

Check that this column is not actually empty in the App

Also try this as well <<START: Select([Related PO Request Lines][Key Column],TRUE)>>

@1minManager well, the column โ€œRelated PO Request Linesโ€ is a Virtual Column with the formula REF_ROWS(โ€œPO Request Linesโ€, โ€œHeader IDโ€)

To clarify, am I supposed to be using the key column of the reference table (โ€œPO Request Linesโ€) or the header table (โ€œPO Request Headerโ€)?

Hereโ€™s what I have:

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

3X_0_3_03dbdacbc5b290a762f11c2a7d4828f12db49932.png

Thanks Steve!

This worked!

Top Labels in this Space