LINKTOFORM action not displaying icon on view...

LINKTOFORM action not displaying icon on view or opening form.

I have a LINKTOFORM action setup on table โ€œrecipe_selectedsโ€ with the following expression: LINKTOFORM (โ€œmeal_plan_detailโ€, โ€œrecipe_idโ€,[recipe_id]).

โ€œmeal_plan_detailโ€ = form to open โ€œrecipe_idโ€ = field in the meal_plan_detail form to populate [recipe_id] = field from โ€œrecipe_selectedsโ€ to grab data

Any ideas on where the formula is incorrect? Looking at this one waaay too long.

Thanks

0 21 1,575
21 REPLIES 21

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Are you saying that the action button itself doesnโ€™t display on a detail view? If thatโ€™s the case, Iโ€™d check the display prominence of the action. Iโ€™d also look at the action condition and make sure that itโ€™s doing what you want. If your view is of a slice, you can check to make sure that the necessary columns are included in the slice.

Yes - no button on the detail view. Iโ€™ve checked the items as youโ€™ve mentioned above - here goes:

*Display Prominently is selected. *Action condition is TRUE and tried to leave blank as well - still no button. *View slice does contain the field Iโ€™m looking to populate.

Yes but Iโ€™m looking to have the user start from the recipe_box_edit_only view so the button would need to be accessible from this view. Should I not create the action on this data table โ€œrecipe_selectedโ€?

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Iโ€™m unable to follow the details of your app. But you should know that: - An action is defined for a particular table and its slices - An action will only show up in views for its table and slices

So if you want an action to show up on a particular view, you need to make sure the action is defined on the table of that view.

Yes. the action is setup on the recipe_selected table as this is the view Iโ€™d like to have the button displayed on.

for some background, the user will use their recipe box (recipes_selected) to select a recipe. Upon selecting the recipe, they should see a button to click on in order to add it to their meal plan.

The meal plan view would appear and they can select the appropriate week and/or make adjustments to the meal plan.Hope this helps

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez The instructions that you gave me directed me to meal_plan_weekof, though. You can see which table youโ€™re looking at in the preview window of the editor. Below your appโ€™s preview, youโ€™ll see a โ€œData: โ€ฆโ€

Sorry Tony, I sent an immediate follow up above - here it is for quick ref: Sorry Tony, just got back to my desk and lost my train of thought.

Here is the correct path:

From the home view in the My Meals deck option click on the box icon and select one of the recipes. Iโ€™d expect to see the button here (recipe_box_edit_only).

Looking for meal_plan_details view to popup. This one is accessible by clicking on My Meals from Home Screen and then the + button to add the record.

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Now I understand. The issue is that navigation actions are not available in bulk action mode. This is because it doesnโ€™t make sense to select multiple rows and then navigate to โ€œall of themโ€.

Instead, make an inline action, which will appear as an icon in your table.

Iโ€™ll give it a go. Thanks Tony

Sorry Tony, Iโ€™ve tried Display Overlay and Display Inline and no luck - no icons anywhere. Whatโ€™s odd is I have another very similar action that works perfectly.

Its set to display overlay and appears in the detail view of the table (reference: select_recipe_hdr) as I would expect this scenario to work.

Hi Tony, Iโ€™m redesigning the functionality.

Thanks

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Hmm, okay. Can I take a look at your app? Iโ€™ll just need the app name and directions on how to get to the view where you expect the action button to show up.

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez When you select โ€œDisplay inlineโ€ for an action, you can also specify a โ€œAttach to columnโ€ setting. That will make the action icon appear next to a chosen columnโ€™s value in table and other โ€œinlineโ€ views.

3rdArm-506404 Click on My Meals from Home screen Click on + button to add a record and this is the screen Iโ€™d expect to see the button on. Action: select_box_recipe

Thanks Tony

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez I think thereโ€™s a misunderstanding. Actions wonโ€™t show up in a form view (i.e. the view that is displayed when you click on the โ€œ+โ€ button).

Sorry Tony, just got back to my desk and lost my train of thought.

Here is the correct path:

From the home view in the My Meals deck option click on the box icon and select one of the recipes. Iโ€™d expect to see the button here (recipe_box_edit_only).

Looking for meal_plan_details view to popup. This one is accessible by clicking on My Meals from Home Screen and then the + button to add the record.

Hi Tony been reading through some of the posts and found this one I was referencing ->

DEEP LINK Expression Question:

LINKTOFORM(โ€œcustom task formโ€, โ€œRelated PM Tasks [Company].[company]โ€,"[_this]", โ€œRelated PM Tasks [company].[Unit Tag#]โ€,"[_this]")

I have a table named โ€œSite Equipmentโ€ that holds information as the name suggests. I then also have a table called โ€œPM Tasksโ€ that holds tasking information for said piece of equipment.

I am trying to create a action on the site equipment โ€œViewโ€, that opens the โ€œPM Tasks Formโ€ so I can add a task to the equipment.

I can get the โ€œPM Tasks Formโ€ to open, BUT it is not filling in the referenced site equipment information.

i.e. pulling in the company info, unit tag#, etcโ€ฆ Which is does do when I simply hit the โ€˜newโ€™ button on the referenced view table.

Why is it not pulling in the referenced information from the page the โ€˜actionโ€™ button is situated on?

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez The data for that view is meal_plan_weekof, a slice of meal_plan. Thereโ€™s only one action available for that table (meal_plan_status_sendtoshop), and thatโ€™s what shows up as the available actions.

I also tried creating a virtual column on the recipe_selecteds table, column Type = APP and inserted the linktoform expression in the app formula along with the grouped action GoToApp Link. This I have working successfully elsewhere for another scenario but it doesnโ€™t work here.

Top Labels in this Space