LINKTOFORM copies an enumlist as a single value

Hi,

I've created a linktoform which automatically copies some values to a new form, but I've found that my enumlist only correctly copies when one value is set. If two (or more) values were in the enumlist column, the two values are not entered as a list, but as single values.

The column is an enumlist with ref. For example the previous row which gets linked to form has the column [colleges] with values 'Anna' and 'Bert'. The linktoform copies this as 6fac0c56,d5b91e0c which is fine if these were seen as seperate values, but it is one value which doesn't get recognised to be referenced.

I tried split without results. While bugtesting I also tried manually entering in linktoform the value LIST('6fac0c56','d5b91e0c') which had the same result. Also tried to put in all colleges with colleges[id] which had the same one value result.

It seems like the list automatically gets converted to a single text value, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have experience with this?

0 2 113
2 REPLIES 2

I found a temporary way around by creating a new column [copy] which copies the [Row ID] of the previous row when linktoform is used and then by adding the initial value for the [colleges] column: IF(ISBLANK([copy]), '' [copy].[colleges].

I'm not sure but it seems the LINKTOFORM automatically declassifies the values from list to something else. Hopefully someone know anything about this.

I think this same (or similar) thing was posted by someone else recently, and it appeared to be a bug.

Top Labels in this Space