Manipulate reference views

HCF

When I create a reference view (Ref-Rows or other means of reference to another table), AppSheets seems to auto-generate a view for that reference. How can this view be accessed and manipulated?

0 20 1,735
20 REPLIES 20

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

HCF

@Steve - yes, I have them turned on, but the view generated by VCโ€™s does not seem to list here?

Please post a screenshot of the emulator in the app editor showing the view, and including the view identification located just below the emulator.

Hmm, not sure if I understand you latest question? I donโ€™t see any view identificator.

@Steve - OK, then that it similar to the screenshots that I published above.

@Steve - I am struggling with this part:

There seems to be no way to alter the view of the relationships.

Checkout ActivityContacts_Inline and ActivityCompanies_Inline UX Views from the UX pane. If you are using the system created inline views, you cannot change the type. However just expand that view, create a copy of that inline view, rename it properly, set the appearance to REF type and enjoy. The REF type inline view that you have created will overrule the systemโ€™s inline view.

@LeventK - thatโ€™s a step forward - I have many to many relationships and assume Activities can have many relationship to Contacts and vice versa. Obviously, I want to display Activities on the Contact view and Contacts on the Activity view. Is there a way to achieve this?

When there is no direct ref between tables, you can always create a Virtual column with a SELECT expression paying attention that the expression is fetching the key column values from the referenced table which will produce a LIST type. When used in a detail view, the contents of this VC will appear within an inline view.

@LeventK - will I still be able to add, view and edit/delete references or must I make own actions to get that. Also, is [Related ActivitiesContacts][Contacts] an appropriate way to give reference in a SELECT or is there a better way?

Yes you should be able to

Totally depends on what data you want to retrieve

@LeventK - this is my scenario; Assuming I view a Contact, then I want to see all the Activities that involves this contact. And I want to be able to (Add new, Delete, View and Edit) the relationship.

Correct

@LeventK - I tried:
Select(
Contacts[Full Name],
In( [_THISROW].[UniqueID],
[Related ActivityContacts][Activities] )
)
, but that only shows a list of the Contacts โ€œFull nameโ€ - same for UniqueID. No ability to view, edit, add or delete the relationship. Do you have any tips?

Thanks, this one is working for me!

HCF

HCF

Hi guys! 

I have a similar doubt.
In my case, I have two ref views. 
One of then is opened from an action.
The other is displayed as a Ref View in other View.

How can I choose which view will be displayed as a Ref View? 

Top Labels in this Space