Launch image never syncs

Hi,

The launch image is very buggy. Right now Iโ€™m getting the stock default image when I open the app on my ios device. When I hit refresh I get an old background image (I recently added a new one).
Iโ€™ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it never works.
I donโ€™t have an offline caching enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks
immy

0 2 207
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, I just verified that changing the launch image works for me on my iOS device and is set when pressing the sync button a second time. (the updated image is downloaded with the first sync). Can you check if the following is true for you?

• Launch images need to be at least 600x600 pixels
  • Please make sure you click the save button (top right corner) in the editor after selecting a new image.
  • The image is updated on the client only after the first sync and should be set for subsequent sync.
  • Does an alternative image from the set of default images work?
  • Do you see the latest launch image set in the editorโ€™s device preview (simulator)?

Please answer with the above if you are still experiencing issuesโ€ฆthis will help us debug the issue better. Thanks!

Hi the issue seems to be related to the initial splash. So if I kill the app on my iOS device and then open it again, I am greeted with the basic default appsheet background. Once Iโ€™m in the app, if I sync within the app I then see the correct background. So the issue is related to loading the app after being โ€œkilledโ€.

Top Labels in this Space