LiDAR support

Does AppSheet currently support LiDAR, found on some high-end iPhone and iPad devices?  If not, is it on the radar (heh)?

It would be amazing if it did as I am writing an app that could really use the scanning and measuring capabilities.

Scott

0 4 80
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There is no current support, and I am unaware of any intention to add it. My understanding is AppSheet prefers to avoid device-specific features.

Think about the AppSheet app as a WebView that can pass some device data. If it's not a need for a majority of users, it won't be added, since it would require a big effort to 1) make the app aware of more sensors/API and 2) the apps to be able to take the data and make something useful

I agree it might be early to support LiDAR in mid-2022.  However, as more devices come out with LiDAR it could be a nice selling point to have support as I feel many apps, especially field-based apps, could find it very useful.

Sure, I understand that. I'm just trying to understand AppSheet's pov.
iOS may have a lot of marketshare in the US for example but it's not the same story elsewhere.
So I guess we have to wait until it's a more accesible feature. It's a no-code platform anyway ๐Ÿค”

Top Labels in this Space