Track rents due quarterly. countdown remaining days before rent is due calculate days late or early

I have a storage yard and want to keep track of the quarterly rents.

I need to show how many days till the next rent is due.  after the rent is paid, I want to calculate how many days are left of the 90.  If the rent is 10 days past due, I want to show 80 days left before the next due date.  I want to show how many days late / early the payment is, and possibly a late fee calculation as well. 

I want to calculate when the next 

0 6 113
6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

hi @Roxy 

Can you share a screenshot of your table structure, from the app editor ?

This is the layout I use now.  When a client pays his rent, I would like to enter the date they paid and have the system calculate 1. If the rent is early, late or on time. 2. the next due date. #3. Start a countdown for how many days are left before next rent due. (90 days)  For instance, if the rent is 10 days late, the next due date would be in 80 days.  What do you think?

COMPANY NAMECONTACTPHONE #DESCRIPTION Sign up dateNEXT RENT DUEMonthlyDaily3 month paymentDATE PAIDDATE DUEDAYS BEFORE RENT DUE

BURRIOUS CONCRETEMartin720.429.957710 spaces 1/8/201911/8/2022$1,000.00$33.33$3,000.005/9/20228/7/202259

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Roxy 

1. If the rent is early, late or on time.

IFS(
  [DATE PAID]>[DATE DUE], "late",
  [DATE PAID]<[DATE DUE], "early",
  TRUE, "on time"
)

2. the next due date.

[DATE DUE]+90

3. Start a countdown for how many days are left before next rent due.

IFS([NEXT RENT DUE]>TODAY(),[NEXT RENT DUE]-TODAY())

I will try that.

I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks!

Roxy

If I enter the date paid in column A, how do I write the formula in the next column to show if it is on time or not?

You can see I am not very skilled at this, but I love it and want to learn!

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

You may need to make some experiments with actions, as in the example below

Aurelien_0-1654786465367.png

For the "on the fly" calculation, you may prefer using virtual columns instead of real columns.

Here is how to do it:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Convert-a-virtual-column-into-a-real-column-or-t...

Top Labels in this Space