Link to form enum

Hey everyone,

I am having an issue with
LINKTOFORM(โ€œWork Order_Formโ€, โ€œCustomerโ€, [Customer] , โ€œLocationโ€ , [Customer Location] , " Work Order Type",[Maintenance] ,โ€œReason for callโ€ , [Work Order Type], โ€œMaintenance Numberโ€, [Key])

The problem is the โ€œWork Order Typeโ€, [Maintenance] is a enum button but it doesnโ€™t fill this part on the form for some reason.

Please help!

Thanks,
Josh

0 8 340
8 REPLIES 8

There seems to be extra space in the column name " Work Order Type" .
You may wish to test with โ€œWork Order Typeโ€

Hi,

I tried your suggestion however it didnโ€™t work.

I created a column to have the word โ€œmaintenanceโ€ in it at all times for when I used this LINKTOFORM

I also tried to enter it a different way as best as I know how

LINKTOFORM(โ€œWork Order_Formโ€, โ€œCustomerโ€, [Customer] , โ€œLocationโ€ , [Customer Location] , โ€œWork Order Typeโ€, โ€˜Maintenanceโ€™ ,โ€œReason for callโ€ , [Work Order Type], โ€œMaintenance Numberโ€, [Key])

However that didnโ€™t work either,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again,

Josh

There seem to be same name โ€œWork Order Typeโ€ but for two different columns in source form being copied and the destination form. Is it intended?

โ€œWork Order Typeโ€ from source form is being copied to [Maintenance] column and โ€œReason for callโ€ to [Work Order Type]

Yes,
The โ€œWork Order Typeโ€ and โ€œReason for callโ€ are both to be set to maintenance. The only reason I have them from two separate sources was to test functionality. As you can se in the result form it does fill maintenance. I donโ€™t understand why it doesnโ€™t work with the enum buttons?

Thank you. I am afraid , I have no further suggestions. I believe it is some syntactical error. However someone else could help you better.

Thank you

Thank you for your help, as it turns out you were correct and I was using โ€œMaintenanceโ€ instead of "Maintenance " which apparently I have the Enum button to be Maintenance with a space after it. I could swear that appsheet used to indicate that you had made an error of this type by putting a yellow triangle beside it but maybe I am just dreaming.

Thanks again Suvrutt!!!

You are welcome. Thank you for the update @Josh_Klassen. Nice to know it now works.

I believe yellow triangles are for broken references.

As for open text values, I believe it is very difficult to detect an error by the system as there could be n number of combinations for a word.

Top Labels in this Space