Linktofilteredview() and lists of ref_rows

Hello, I have a conundrum that may have a simple solution that Iโ€™m simply not seeing.

There are two tables:
Table A with column A (key) and column B (text)
Table B with column C (ref_rows of Table A)

Iโ€™m making an action for Table B to โ€œgo to another view within this appโ€

The action uses Linktofilteredview(โ€œTable A Viewโ€, IN([Column A].[Column B], [Column C][Column B])

Why is this not working? It should be easy for Table A to give me rows that have its Column B value in the ref_row list [Column C][Column B]

Solved Solved
0 4 2,100
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for all yall help.

What worked for me was Linktofilteredview(โ€œTable A Viewโ€, IN([Column B], SELECT(Table A[Column B], [Table B Key] = [_THISROW].[Table B Key])

The intention of the action is quite complex. It shows all of the related rows in Table A that has a reference row in Table B (whose key is [Table B Key]) as the current row in Table B. Table A has a column with Table B Key as a REF column.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bahbus

IN() simply returns a TRUE/FLASE value of if the provided value exists in the provided list. Youโ€™ll need to use some sort of expression that returns specifically the Key you want to go to.

You canโ€™t use a de-ref expression within an IN(โ€ฆ) expression. Also your way of introducing the [Related ColumnX_Values] (REF_ROWS) is not correct. You shall enclose it with a SELECT(โ€ฆ) expression.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

One problem is with [Column C][Column B]: the IN() expression is evaluated in Table A, and Column C does not exist within Table A.

What do you want the filtered view to display?

Thank you for all yall help.

What worked for me was Linktofilteredview(โ€œTable A Viewโ€, IN([Column B], SELECT(Table A[Column B], [Table B Key] = [_THISROW].[Table B Key])

The intention of the action is quite complex. It shows all of the related rows in Table A that has a reference row in Table B (whose key is [Table B Key]) as the current row in Table B. Table A has a column with Table B Key as a REF column.

Top Labels in this Space