List from a selected enumlist values

ATR
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Iโ€™m trying to get a list based on selected ref enumlist. Iโ€™ve tried this formula but it didnโ€™t return anythig.

SELECT(
Requisiรงรตes[Proposta],
IN(Requisiรงรตes[Requisiรงรฃo], [_THISROW].[Requisiรงรตes]),
TRUE
)

I want to get the values from โ€œPropostaโ€ column at โ€œRequisiรงรตesโ€ table that matches with the selected โ€œRequisiรงรตesโ€ enumlist ref from โ€œRequisiรงรตesโ€ table. The form is at another table called โ€œCobranรงaโ€ that has โ€œRequisiรงรตesโ€ Column (that is a Enumlist with ref to Requisiรงรตes table) and it has a โ€œPropostaโ€ column that should return what i said before

Solved Solved
0 9 1,916
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Marc_Dillon Wouldnโ€™t a list-dereference work better here? It would certainly be more efficient.

Your original formula:

SELECT(
Requisiรงรตes[Proposta],
TRUE
)

could be simplified to

UNIQUE([Requisiรงรตes][Proposta])

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Remove this part:
3X_d_3_d38a552f79d0db5d2c9201db7ac4f4afa82ab304.png

ATR
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

It worked, thanks. I thought i had to specify the table to look this column

ATR
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I found a problem with my enumlist. When i created it was showing a yellow alert, i was able to โ€œfixโ€ it by setting a formula at valid_if. But the existing values were still with the yellow alert, they just disappeared when i selected the current value again at the enumlist options. But when i selected it the โ€œPropostaโ€ value disappeared too.

This image i reselected an existing value and the โ€œPropostaโ€ column disappeared on my form

3X_2_9_29758f985d9b26fc2af44c536055341fbe01d443.png

And at this image i didnโ€™t updated the existing value, so it was showing the yellow alert but it also shows the โ€œPropostaโ€ column as expected

3X_f_6_f69a1749c99801fdb8547ea45e2a95793c48e887.png

Srry for my bad English, itโ€™s not my first language

Iโ€™m not really following which Table you are in with those screenshots. What is the App Formula for the [Propostas] column?

Yellow triangle means the column is supposed to be a Ref to another table, but the selected value does not exist as a Key value for any record in the referenced Table.
https://community.appsheet.com/search?q=yellow%20triangle

If you are specifying a Valid_If expression for Enum/EnumList with base type of Ref. you NEED to do so with SELECT( table[key-column]...), which is also equivalent to simply FILTER(table...)

Also understand how Keys and Labels work together.

ATR
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Actually iโ€™ll describe the process of creation from my app because i think i planned it bad. With a Spreadsheet already created and with values, i started creating tables that tracks payments, but we track payments by a number that is on the order table (that i didnโ€™t set at the beginning). Would it be better to fix the reference between order table and the payments table ("Requisiรงรตes and โ€œNotasโ€)? Srry about the confusion this is my first app, iโ€™ve read a lot and watched the 101 course but as English is not my first languague maybe i let some information pass when i was studying.

Iโ€™m sorry, you havenโ€™t provided near enough information for me to give any sort of sensible response. Screenshots of your table and column definitions would be much more effectiveโ€ฆ

ATR
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I have three tables, the first one is the order table:

The other is the payment document table:

The last one is the payment dues control:

The payments due control table is a child from Payment Document table, but what iโ€™m trying to do is when adding a new row at payments document table (โ€œNotasDataโ€) when i select a โ€œRequisiรงรฃoโ€ value (that are values from the order table (โ€œRequisiรงรฃoโ€ table) it will auto compute the โ€œPropostaโ€ value

@Marc_Dillon Wouldnโ€™t a list-dereference work better here? It would certainly be more efficient.

Your original formula:

SELECT(
Requisiรงรตes[Proposta],
TRUE
)

could be simplified to

UNIQUE([Requisiรงรตes][Proposta])

Yeah, i did it, now i think everything itโ€™s okay. But i made this UNIQUE([Requisiรงรตes][Proposta]) as an app formula and at my card view this values disappeared, is it normal? Should i change to a initial value formula?

This the card view that is not showing the Proposta (i made it show as long piece of text)
3X_5_8_586253bfa3eca87d4d4b2a790bd2cfffb1f52cd8.png

But at my form it appears
3X_5_b_5b79881948ef85b46c518f4a1d594d866d358b93.png

Top Labels in this Space