Listing weekly email

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a solution to the following problem.

I'm busy creating an app which keeps track on the maintenance on machinery in my company. To keep the staff up-to-date, I want to send out a weekly email, which lists the machines that need maintenance.

In my data I have a column which keeps track of the 'Days until maintenance'. When this is lower than 7, maintenence is needed and the machine needs to be added to the list.

I figured out how to do this directly per machine, but I now want to make a weekly list/update of the machines which need maintenence. Does anyone know if this is possible, and how this an be done? 

0 3 67
3 REPLIES 3

@bradleyduiker wrote:

When this is lower than 7, maintenence is needed and the machine needs to be added to the list.

I figured out how to do this directly per machine,

In general, you could create a slice with an expression 

['Days until maintenance]<7 which will list all the records from the maintenance table of machines that need maintenance.

You could then use that slice in the email template to create the list of machines need maintenance that week,

Use Start expressions in templates - AppSheet Help

Use Google Docs templates - AppSheet Help

Send an email from an automation - AppSheet Help

Thank you for your help. Creating the slice already helped. But I'm now stuck at creating the right template for the email. Which commands.formulas do I need to use in orde to get the whole list in my email (so basically the slice list as I can see it in my app). Until now, I only can get the details of 1 machine in my email, but not a list.

Please take a look at the article on the <<START>> expressions.

The general format would be 

<<Start: Slice Name[Key Column Name]>>

Machine Name: <<[Machine Name]>>
Maintenance Date: <<[Maintenance Date]>>
Maintained by : <<[Engineer Name]>>

<<END>>

Here [Machine Name], [Maintenance Date] , [Engineer Name] etc, are column names in each row of the slice that you wish to include in the table.  You could also have a tabular format for the report if you wish. Please take a look at the article below.

Sample email templates - AppSheet Help

Top Labels in this Space