Locale Issue

My spreadsheet (Google sheet) is set to locale of UK and my tables are all set the same, also as UK. When I show a form input, the date format is correctly showing as dd/mm/yyyy. When I see any entry in a table format or detail format, the dates are displayed as mm/dd/yyyy. Is there a setting I am missing? I can’t find anything beyond the locale setting for each table.

1 7 539
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

@Mike_MacDonald
How about your mobile device’s and/or browser’s locale setting? Are they set as UK as well? For data display, AppSheet obeys to the device’s locale setting.

Here are some screenshots from Appsheet directly. You can see the table is set correctly to UK (i.e. DD/MM/YYYY) but in the preview window it shows as MM/DD/YYYY in the Details view but DD/MM/YYYY in the form view. I’ve also attached a screenshot of the Google Sheet which is also set to UK and I have further set the date format on the columns to DD/MM/YYYY.

Here is a Firefox extension that I’ve used before to help troubleshoot Locale issues. I’m sure there is similar for Chrome if you use that instead.

Thanks. I’ve installed a Chrome equivalent but nothing I change seems to affect the app preview (after a refresh).

"Hello @Mike_MacDonald ,

The same thing happened to me, in android the solution is to change the language. You go to Configuration-System-Language and input-Language and leave in the first position the English of your country, not that of the United States.

Greetings"

Hola @Mike_MacDonald ,

Me paso lo mismo, en android la solucion esta en cambiar el lenguage. Vas a Configuracion-Sistema-Idioma y entrada-Idioma y dejas en primera posicion el ingles de tu pais, no el de Estados Unidos.

Saludos

Hi, having same trouble, have you solved it?

Top Labels in this Space