Log historic cell values in a new table

Hello, 

I have an inventory app that tracks products we purchase from vendors. Periodically I need to update pricing[Purchase Cost]. What I need help with is how to create a Bot to record the previous price every time it's been updated.

I've created a new table with a unique ID column that references the "Items" table where I would like each price update to trigger the addition of a row entry for that product ID before the update. The new table has reference columns for the info I would like recorded.

I have the trigger for the EVENT as:

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Purchase Cost] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Purchase Cost]

I need help creating a PROCESS that adds the row to my new table.

Or maybe there is a better way to do this?

Solved Solved
0 5 174
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just adding my 2 cents to @Steve's comments:

You need a Trigger that listens to Edits only
You need a process that fires an action, not a task.
The action is "Add a row to another table using values from this row".
Don't forget the [_THISROW_BEFORE]

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What you want to do is pretty straight-forward as Automation goes. If you don't have much experience with Automation, this is actually an excellent learning exercise. I encourage you to give it a try yourself and ask us when you have specific problems.

Thanks Steve,

I'm not sure I know how to get started, I've been searching extensively through the documentation, youtube and the forum, but either I'm not using the right terminology or don't have the right frame of reference to use what I'm learning (and I'm learning alot!) to do what I want.

I do understand that this should be very simple, but it has me stumped. Sorry for wasting your time, I will keep trying to figure it out as I have time.

Just adding my 2 cents to @Steve's comments:

You need a Trigger that listens to Edits only
You need a process that fires an action, not a task.
The action is "Add a row to another table using values from this row".
Don't forget the [_THISROW_BEFORE]

Thank you this was a lot of help.

Top Labels in this Space