Looking for ideas..moving related tables

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Iโ€™ve come up with multiple ways to design this, but I would like to tap to brainpower greater than mine.

I have an online google form that generates time and date stamp but not a unique ID, with other fields, i.e. name, address, phone.
In that table Iโ€™m thinking of creating a related table for a string of conversations, which is usually prior to agreeing on a job. Once that job is agreed on I want to move that customer and the conversation to a customer table, but the customer already exists, so for a current customer, can I move just the related table matching customer criteria, i.e. name, address, phone? with an action to move to a tableโ€ฆorโ€ฆ?

or can google business apps do the same thing and store it in a sheet. Havenโ€™t worked with Google Business and their documentation is more about converting you than the details.

Ultimately I would like to use appsheet on the site, but the customer doesnโ€™t want to pay $100 per month for one form, even though there are multiple actions that will take place.

If any of you have an idea or solution Iโ€™m open. Thanks!!

0 2 184
2 REPLIES 2

hard to envision the specifics, but I am keying off of one sentence you wrote:
" but the customer already exists, so for a current customer, can I move just the related table matching customer criteria, i.e. name, address, phone? with an action to move to a tableโ€ฆorโ€ฆ?"

the AppSheet action that comes to mind is โ€œexecute an action of a set of rowsโ€ - i.e. from your source table, you would be updating name, address, phone on a second table where customer = [_thisrow].[customer]. Or something similar.

In the abstract, this is all doable! Also, here is an app which โ€œmoves children from one parent to another parentโ€ this may be of general use to your design as well: https://www.appsheet.com/samples/This-app-uses-actions-to-move-ref_rows-from-one-parent-to-another-p...

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Awesome, thanks TyAlevizos

Top Labels in this Space