Looking for some help creating an email notif...

Looking for some help creating an email notification. Iโ€™ve created a Word template for an order in the app. I want the attachment to reflect the product code in the order. Iโ€™m not sure how to set it up properly.

Iโ€™ve set it up so that each item on the left side column is effectively a table on its own sheet in Excel. All the data pulled is from the [Orders] sheet. Should it be set up this way? Or is there a better way?

I thought about re-working the entire form so that all products are listed in one sheet but I then get stumped on how to filter items based on the category, e.g. Product category=tanker size, tanker size= 7-8 different options.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

0 4 342
4 REPLIES 4

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Yes, I referred to the โ€œOrder Captureโ€ sample. So I should move all my โ€œProductsโ€ into one table? I then have trouble with the expression that pulls items by category.

Iโ€™m trying to build the app so we our sales rep can go through specific fields in the order. Instead of listing all the items in one go, I created tabs around category. So category 1 is tanker size, category 2 is pump, etc. I originally put each category into different tables and referenced them in the form that captures the order.

If I put all the items into one table, I get stumped on the expression that will pull only โ€œtankersโ€ and the related description for the sales rep to select. I thought one of the Valid_if statement would work but it doesnโ€™t pull the right description. What am I doing wrong? Pls advise.

@Zee_W

Hi Zee,

Forgive me for responding. You clearly understand the problem better than I do. I did not realize you had already reviewed the Order Capture application. I just wanted to ensure that you had consider the approach illustrated in that sample.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh No worries, Philip. Iโ€™m not from programming background so the templates have been very useful to see how some apps are put together. Itโ€™s when I start trying to customize elements that it takes some figuring out. And just when I think Iโ€™ve cracked it another snag comes up.

So Iโ€™ve put all product items into one table called Products and created an expression in the Form to Ref the Products table, and selects the relevant item: =SELECT(Products[Product ID], [Category] = โ€œTankerโ€)

This has been working except for one question where the answers are multi-select. There, I created another table (called Extras) and wrote a EnumList expression so the user can select multiple items. I saw from a previous post that Ref and EnumList doesnโ€™t work very well here.

Hope Iโ€™m doing this correctly!

It sounds like you are trying to create some form of order capture application. You should start by following the design used in the โ€œOrder Captureโ€ sample application.

Once your table design is correct, it will be much easier for you to create your email notification.

Top Labels in this Space