Looking for some input. Working on a public ...

Looking for some input.

Working on a public app for pre-registration for evacuation centers.

Currently there is a main form to capture head of household info, then child forms for additional members and pets.

I need to figure out a way to prevent people from saving the form before they complete the other entries, or figure out a way to return them to their info to access pet and additional registrations via the detail page, but preventing them from accessing any other information.

What’s the best way to do this?

Here is the link to the app:

install: https://www.appsheet.com/newshortcut/8e979506-5815-4ca6-8cae-fb5599bb1c98

browser link: https://www.appsheet.com/start/8e979506-5815-4ca6-8cae-fb5599bb1c98

0 5 321
5 REPLIES 5

Yep, that’ll be tough… I think you just need to accept the input, and move on. And, send them an email with their info. (Now, you can get crazy… Maybe have a link in the email and somehow store a record id and pull that up…)

This worked beautifully!!!

Thank you so much!

Good to know it worked as per your needs.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar

do you have any suggestions for this?

see pic.

Hi @Tammi_Canelli, Grant’s guidance is correct.

I also saw your other post , where in you have requirement of enabling related table record only if user responds with [Pets]=Yes or [Other Pets]= Yes in main form…

Continuing the same thread, you may wish to try the following to ensure that if user enters either [Pets]=Yes or [Other Pets]= Yes ,then

she/he enters at least one related record, without which the form cannot be submitted.

1. Please create a virtual column , say with name of [COUNTPETRECORDS] of Number type in main table. Please have

expression as COUNT([Related Pet Info Column Name]) in this column.

Please include this virtual column in the main form with suitable heading.

This related column [Related Pet Info Column Name] is reverse reference column in the main table for pet information table. I think we have previously discussed this in other post.

1. In the Valid_if of [COUNTPETRECORDS] , please enter an expression

=OR(AND((OR([Pets]=TRUE,[Other Pets]=TRUE)),[_this]>=1),AND((AND([Pets]=FALSE,[Other Pets]=FALSE)),[_this]=0))

The

above expression will ensure that if the user enters “Yes” for pets or other pets question fields,the main form can be completed only if the user enters at least one row in the related record.

I did a basic testing of this expression.

Hope this helps.

Top Labels in this Space