Lookup and ref column

hi, i have 2 colum, in first i chose the users(ref type), and in the second i inserted LOOKUP([_THISROW].[USER],USERS,USER,MAIL), but it doesn’t work. If i change the column USERS in enum, it works, but in this case i’ve to insert the users manually as builder. How can i resolve it?

0 3 1,088
3 REPLIES 3

it isn’t very clear what tables you currently have.

If I understand correctly, you do not need the LOOKUP() function at all. In that second column you simply need to use a dereference function like this [User].[User Email]. User is the name of the column you created in this 2-column table. User Email is the name of the column containing the email value in the USERS table.

To go a little deeper, when you make a Ref column, you are actually referencing the entire row. The value that is displayed is determined by the column you have flagged as “Label” in that referenced table.

To get at the rest of the values you just need to use the dereference syntax.

I hope this helps! Reply if you need more solid details.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

As @WillowMobileSystems noted, your use of LOOKUP() is unnecessary: [USER].[MAIL] should accomplish what you appear to want.

Except…

You refer to the USER (singular) column once, in the LOOKUP() expression, but the USERS (plural) column twice. Do you have both a USER column and a USERS column in the same table?

TX, now it works

Top Labels in this Space