Lookup help

Im sorry to waste time on here with such a basic request, but, I am having an issue with my lookup. I have read and re-read all the docs, and I cant see where I am going wrong.

This is my formula:

LOOKUP([Location], “Clinic Address”, “Location”, “Address”)

In my head, [Location] is the find value, “Clinic Address” is the table to find the address, “Location” Column to match, “Address” To return the value.

Now, the address table has 5 addresses in and it will only return 1 no matter on which location I choose. Would someone please be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot,
Ben

Solved Solved
0 5 204
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ben_Rix , if the column where you wish to apply this formula is not the same table as “Clinic Address” you need to use [_THISROW] as stated in the documentation:

3X_4_9_491f09b00ecae0b1ef25107393afc22c454daefd.png

So you could try using LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Location], “Clinic Address”, “Location”, “Address”)

If that’s not the case, could you please provide some sample screenshots of how your tables look like?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Ben_Rix , if the column where you wish to apply this formula is not the same table as “Clinic Address” you need to use [_THISROW] as stated in the documentation:

3X_4_9_491f09b00ecae0b1ef25107393afc22c454daefd.png

So you could try using LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Location], “Clinic Address”, “Location”, “Address”)

If that’s not the case, could you please provide some sample screenshots of how your tables look like?

Hey Rafael, Thanks for that, ill give it a go now.

Regards
Ben

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

For reference:

3X_c_5_c509452fa81ef64736f756fe01d042a8bb31347e.png

Hey Steve, Thanks for that, I did read that and also looked at the sample app for fruit weights, but there was no reference of using _thisrow. which im going to give a go at now.

Ahhh thanks for that gents. Im still new to the formulas so its still taking me a while to figure this stuff out. It seems there are lots of ways to get things done, its just knowing which ones might do the job properly.

Thanks again for your time helping.

Top Labels in this Space