Customize the Add form in the reference table

I am using slice to display the Related Reference table, may i know how to do i customer the Add link (highlight in the red at the screenshot below) to display designed form?

Current, when click on the Add button, it is open a generic form, and we want to customize the form display. when checked on the editor it said the view is form? but when click on it. it doesnโ€™t show the form.

3X_8_9_89de1597d74eaa80d8c3dfb73e51d4fc2a8764d8.png

Solved Solved
1 2 392
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Figure out, it is done using the slice column in the slice, except that it canโ€™t display as in tab, like the one we enable in the UX form.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Figure out, it is done using the slice column in the slice, except that it canโ€™t display as in tab, like the one we enable in the UX form.

Hey @EugeneB

Just to give a little more info about this, for anyone else that might be reading.

That Add button is the โ€œAddโ€ action for the corresponding table. If you go to Behavior>Actions and scroll to the table that is your child table, that add action is what youโ€™re seeing under that inline view.

You canโ€™t really affect or change that action because itโ€™s a system generated action - but you can change itโ€™s visibility.

If you hide the โ€œAddโ€ action, then the โ€œAddโ€ button is removed from underneath the inline view,

but you then lose the ability to natively create records for that table (because you just hide the button that initiates the add process).

To solve this, create your own action using LINKTOFORM(). With this you can launch the user into a form, AND pre-set any columnsโ€™ values inside that form as well.

Top Labels in this Space