Looping for app if two tables have matching string

Hey everyone! New to the forum and I could use some help. I’m trying to create some actions to assign someone to a list of jobs. The app first allows the person to assign themselves to a project, which is on a separate table, and I have a table of jobs that match the project. I want to loop through the project names and if they match on both tables, to add the person to each row the project names match. IS that possible?

0 2 115
2 REPLIES 2

First step as I see it is to make the jobs table a child table of the project table , using references. Make the [project] column from jobs table a REF to [project] column from projects table , assuming this column is also the key column.

I am assuming the end goal is that a user can only see the jobs from the projects he assigned to himself . This behaviour can be done in app without “writing” user name in a column in jobs table (this can be done too, but it involves some tricks and actions, and if you don’t need the jobs table outside of app, I would avoid this work).

Please confirm the end goal, so the community can guide you with further steps

Gotcha. So I think I got that so far wit the REFs between tables. So the goal is if a user assigns himself to a project, he will be assigned to all jobs within the project. However say a job is not able to be completed, he needs to unassign that single job and that job is viewable under that project.

Top Labels in this Space