Made a test app yesterday - no data today

AMA

I made a test app yesterday that connects to a Google Spreadsheet. It was taking my G Sheet entries without issues. I closed the app, and opened it today again through the G Sheets menu dialog. The app loaded with the same settings and design, however itโ€™s not pulling anything from the G Sheet any more. Whatโ€™s wrong? Is this expected? I also tried to create new entries, and they do go through and end up in the spreadsheet, however I donโ€™t see those new entries in the app either.

0 6 111
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I suspect you created a second app from the same worksheet when you โ€œopened it today again through the G Sheets menu dialogโ€. Please post a screenshot of the menu dialog you used.

AMA

Thank you, Steve. Here is the screenshot

AMA

I also just checked my profile. It is only showing 1 prototype app, no extra apps seem to be present.

As expressed by the menu choice:

3X_0_0_001a939ef5b8344229e8767f6b62b0a35a473fda.png

Choosing it will create an app, not open an existing one. To open an existing app, choose the existing app from My Apps.

AMA

Thanks for the quick reply, Steve. I tried opening the existing prototype after you brought it up, but nothing has changed and I still see no entries from my G Sheet.

Btw as a side note: accessing the app through โ€œCreate an appโ€ dialog worked just fine yesterday, but I see your point that itโ€™s not the recommended way.

Regardless, is there anything else that can be done? Itโ€™s a bit alarming behavior because if the same thing is going to happen with the deployed app, it will be causing business problems.

AMA

I think I figured the source of the problem. This is not 100% certain, but I believe that I erased some of the default views yesterday, and this is the reason why the list of entries did not load. I restored one of the yesterdayโ€™s versions from the version history, and can see the list of entries now. Thank you for your help.

Top Labels in this Space