Make App From Google Form

I wanted to make an app that allowed users to fill out my google form. Instead, the app seems to only show user responses? Any way I can get it to do what I want?

0 5 626
5 REPLIES 5

@Kendra_Moore
Basically the AppSheet app is based on the Response gSheet, so it’s normal that it’s showing you the responses in a table. If you want you can change the initial view of the app from UX > Options > GENERAL > Starting view and set it to YourTableName_Form. With this, the app will always open with the form for data entry.

Thank you for your response! I’m really happy to know I didn’t waste all that time making my form 😃

When I go to the location you suggest, there’s a dropdown menu with the following options:
Form Responses 1 (currently selected)
Map
Assistant
Form Responses 1_Detail
Form Responses 1_Form

I selected the last one, clicked save, and got an error saying Table Form Responses 1 does not allow new entries?

I’m sorry if these are super basic questions - normally I would do a bunch of research myself before asking for help, but I have a convention tomorrow that I’m still frantically preparing for!

@Kendra_Moore
Can you please check this?

Yes, that fixed it!

Now there’s another issue, however. My form has pictures for things like design selection and t-shirt color choice. Instead of showing the pictures, it’s just showing the text. Is there a way to make the images display?

@Kendra_Moore
Can I encourage you to check these pages?

Top Labels in this Space