Make ChangeTimestamp trigger with Spreadsheet formula

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble finding a solution for this issue and maybe you guys can help me out. 

I need to register when some changes are made to specific columns and I usually use ChangeTimestamp to achieve that, but the issue I`m having is when this change happens on a column with formulas in the spreadsheet the app doesn't trigger the ChangeTimestamp function.

For instance, when the column I set to watch for changes is a column where the user inputs data I have no problem making the app register the time, but when I do the same to a column with a formula in the spreadsheet that changes to "OK" and I need to register the time it changed to "OK" the function doesn't trigger. 

Is there a solution for this? 

0 1 54
1 REPLY 1

Change columns are similar to Bot Events, in that they only trigger on actual data changes. Re-evaluation of formulas, whether spreadsheet or VC, do not count as data changes. Any solution here would probably require replacing your spreadsheet formula with another process. I don't think I can suggest anything else without knowing more details about what you're doing.

Top Labels in this Space