Make a column in a nested table required before saving?

I have a timecard/vehicle inspection app with these 2 tables:

Table 1- Timecards
Table 2 - Vehicle Inspection (nested table)

When an employee is clocking in, the Timecard form asks โ€œOperate Vehicle?โ€ If they answer โ€œYesโ€ then they are required to complete the nested Vehicle Inspection Form.

In the nested Vehicle Inspection Form, only columns 1 & 2 are completed at the beginning of the shift - Fleet ID and Start Hrs/Miles.

At the end of their shift, they are supposed to open and complete the nested Vehicle Inspection Form by entering the โ€œEnd Hrs/Miles."

How can I make it so that the timecard cannot be saved until the โ€œEnd Hrs/Milesโ€ are entered?

Right now, the employee can enter their Time Out and completely bypass completion of the End Hrs/Miles column in the nested form. Thank you, in advance.

0 5 304
5 REPLIES 5

You could check it with a formula like COUNT([Vehicle Inspection][End Hrs/Miles])>0. Iโ€™m assuming that โ€œVehicle Inspectionโ€ is your related virtual columnโ€™s name.

Yes, โ€œVehicle Inspectionโ€ is the related virtual column name. Do I enter the formula into this same virtual column? Is it a VALIDIF constraint?

Yes with Valid If. Though you probably need to do that with another column than this virtual list column.

Thank you, Aleksi. That did the trick.

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space