Make a phone call using VOIP app (RingCentral) directly from Appsheet

I would like to have an Action/Behavior that launches the RingCentral VOIP app on the user’s phone when making a call rather than using the user’s phone. Has anyone been able to make this work?

0 9 2,021
9 REPLIES 9

@Eric_Silver
It’s only possible if the user had set the RingCentral VOIP app as the default caller app. If so, when you create a callable phone field in your app, it will launch that default caller app. Otherwise, it’s not possible to launch an external app.

Where do you set the default default caller app? I don’t see an option for that? I’m on the Pro plan.

@Eric_Silver
It’s a setting in the mobile device not in AppSheet.

RingCentral now offers the ability to use one of their APIs to call from an app using their service. Is there a way in Appsheet to set this up to make the call to the API?

@Eric_Silver
It totally depends on what their REST API service offers. Provided you can post the link for their API docs, I can take a look.

I would like to dial a number from the Phone Number field in my app using the RingCentral “RingOut” feature.

Thanks for suggestions, guys!

Integrating your RingCentral VOIP app directly from Appsheet for making phone calls sounds like a handy feature! It would definitely save time and make communication smoother.

If you're looking for a VoIP number to go along with your setup, you might find this link useful: https://www.mightycall.com/blog/how-to-get-a-voip-number/ Having a VoIP number can enhance your calling experience even further!

Wishing you success in making this awesome feature work!

Top Labels in this Space