Make a user "Settings" table and conditional show views/columns based on settings values

Hi,
I am very new to Appsheet, however have developed an app that is doing what we require.
I’m not sure if what I want to do below is possible but I thought I’d put it out there for some assistance.

What I would like to do is create a table called “Settings” and a view called “Settings” with a couple of TRUE/FALSE buttons that I can use to show/hide a column for one question and show/hide a view for the other question.

The first user setting I would like is “Enter Customer Initials” as a TRUE/FALSE. I would then need to create a conditional showif on the “Initial” column in the “Parcels” table.

The second setting I would like is “One Step Delivery” as a TRUE/FALSE. I would then need to create a conditional Showif on two different views depending on the setting selected.

I would appreciate any recommendations on:-
The column structure of the “Settings” table.
The data type and column settings in Appsheet.
The Showif code example so there is no data mismatch etc for the column and view.

Thanks very much in advance

0 6 207
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Hi Steve,
That’s awesome, thank you.
I have set one up for “Enter Customer Initials” as a ENUM YES/NO. I then put the following expression in the Show property for that column in the “Parcels” table:-
USERSETTINGS(Show Initials Field)=YES
When I set the value to YES it correctly shows the input field in my input form and also shows the column, with values, in a slice view. When I turn the user setting to NO it correctly does not show on the form input however in the slice view it still displays the column but without the data. My ideal scenario is that it would not display the column. Can you suggest what I should do?

It works beautifully for the second setting I originally mentioned about which view to show.

Many thanks
Simon

Please post some screenshots demonstrating this behavior.

Thanks Steve.

Settings with Show Initials as YES

3X_f_0_f029d774c625de7af5bb73bfc39d795adee49097.png
UX View showing the “Initial” column and value

3X_8_9_8914d40aebdcef7b43c0ce9ec89aae613aee77d8.png
UX view when Show Initials is set to NO. Note the data is gone but the column is still visible. Ideally, I do not want to show the column.

The UX view set-up where I have set the column order. The view uses a slice.

Column settings in Parcels table

The Slice that the view uses.

The _Per User switch setting

Thank you for the screenshots!

The problem is that the Show? expression is applied to the column of each row individually. In a table view, the column itself will always be shown, even if the Show? expression hides the column value of all of the individual rows. There is no easy way to accomplish what you want.

Okay. Thanks for looking at it for me. Much appreciated.

Top Labels in this Space