Make an email body with two-level Start statement

dev2

Hi there,

I would like to send an email based on two tables. First one is a list of headers, second one the attached details.
The purpose is to send a formatted invoice, with headers and details below.

Iโ€™m struggling about the correct statement, though I found a similar post without solution.
I deal with 4 tables:

• Quote: list of quotes
  • QuoteHeaders: list of headers
  • Quote Details: every specifications related to the quote header, such as products or services
  • TableTestDevis: list of products and services

Here is my statement:

<<Start:[QuoteHeaders]>><<[Description]>>
<<Start:[Quote Details]>> <<TableTestDevis[Code].[Nom]>>
<<End>>
<<End>>

And here is a screenshot of the table I would like to display

For any reason I donโ€™t understand, I get an error message. Here is the log:

Error: Workflow rule โ€˜Show me the Invoice!โ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Body template. Expression โ€˜Start:[QuoteHeaders]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find table โ€˜START:โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Quoteโ€™?.
Error: Workflow rule โ€˜Show me the Invoice!โ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Body template. Expression โ€˜[Description]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Descriptionโ€™.
Error: Workflow rule โ€˜Show me the Invoice!โ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Body template. Expression โ€˜Endโ€™ is invalid due to: Expression refers to undefined field.",

As I understand it, it does not seem to catch the table โ€œQuoteHeadersโ€ (I checked the name).
Any clue ? Are my Start/End statement incorrect ?

Many thanks in advance

0 13 387
13 REPLIES 13

Not 100% sure what your goal is, but please try to add your ยจStart: & Endยจ formula to a separate row.

dev2

HI @Aleksi

Thanks for your quick answer.
Iโ€™m not sure I understood correctly what you told, I tried this:

and got the same error message.

My goal is to get something similar to this (this is the idea)

For doing that, you need to use nested Start: & End. Something likeโ€ฆ

<<Start: [QuoteHeaders]>><<[Description]>>
<<Start:[Quote Details]>><<ColumnA]>>โ€ฆ<< End >>
<< End >>

I think that is what I did ?
Or am I miswriting something ?
In the case of a table like in the picture, Iโ€™m not sure of how the start/end statement are interpreted by the system.
Should I align very strictly the rows ?

dev2

What attracts my attention is this part of the error message : what do you think about that ?
Error: Workflow rule 'Show me the Invoice!' action 'Action 1' Body template. Expression 'Start:[QuoteHeaders]' is invalid due to: Unable to find table 'START:', did you mean 'Quote'?.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Letโ€™s start by taking some complexity out of this. Remove all of the tags except the first <<Start>> and its corresponding <<End>>. Does that change the error?

dev2

Hi @Steve

with this :

that does not work.

But I think I get it : I did not notice that the template does apply to a specific database, and this one is set on โ€œQuoteโ€. I thought that DB was specified within the Start statement.

I will look further into it and let you know if I can get something out of it.

dev2

Here again,

So, to express my thought more accurately, what I wanted to do is a two-level start statement, meaning display parend and child item.

Relationships between my tables are this way:
quote==>quoteHeader==>quodeDetails
Here is what does work, but only display headers

Here what I tried and does not work, in an attempt to display related details items

So, the second start statement I tried are:

<<Start:[Related Quote Details]>><<[Code]>> <>

and

<<Start:QuoteHeaders[Related QuoteHeaders].[Related Quote Details]>><<[Code]>> <>

Any clue ?

dev2

I think what I try to do is similar to the order capture app, but cannot get the workflow to work.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/An-app-for-managing-customers-products-and-orders

dev2

Thanks @Steve

I copied exactly what you display, it seems to work but I donโ€™t receive the email. Maybe itโ€™s treated as a spam by my mailbox or so.
But at least, I donโ€™t have error anymore on the log.
Do you know if with a free account Iโ€™m limited in the number of workflow attempts ?

To my knowledge, no.

dev2

it eventually just got into my mailbox.

a HUGE thank you, really !!!

Top Labels in this Space