Make search icon to search in all files not the open one

Hello dears.

I have a simple issue, it makes searching difficult for the user as below, we have more than 6  Tables including the same kind of data, and every table has more than 40000 Row so I can't drop all data in the same file 

my question is how I make the search icon to searching in all files, not just the open one

Islam_0-1679183361044.png

Solved Solved
0 6 208
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It might be worth a try, even though you have many records.  All you need to do is make a new view -- a dashboard view.  Then, add the views you want to search to it.  You may find that it's an easy solution that works, even though you have many records to search.
P.S. You won't be creating one file -- just one view that searches several other views.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Actually, I don't think this is a simple issue.  I have the same problem in my app and it's necessary to search twice (once for each of the two tables that can be searched).  There may be a workaround that I'm not aware of, but I don't think it's simple.
One way of dealing with the issue at the design stage might be to make sure that all of the data your want to be able to search at once is in one table, then divide that table into different slices as necessary:
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/App-Design-Multiple-tables-vs-Single-table-multi...

This is relevant to your inquiry:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/Gobal-search/idi-p/228995

See @Marc_Dillon 's comment about using a dashboard view.  Actually, I may try using this in my own app.

I just implemented this in my app.  It's actually quite easy (maybe your inquiry has a 'simple' answer after all 😉 ).  But, even though the structure of the tables is the same, I can only search for single words.  In other words, the following filters function is not available with this method:
Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.45.17.pngScreenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.45.30.png

That’s an awesome idea. But how can I do it ?

have you any video to explain this steps .

Islam_0-1679245468209.png

Thanks for your answers ,but I can't do that as I have more than one million row ,so i can't create all in one file .

It might be worth a try, even though you have many records.  All you need to do is make a new view -- a dashboard view.  Then, add the views you want to search to it.  You may find that it's an easy solution that works, even though you have many records to search.
P.S. You won't be creating one file -- just one view that searches several other views.

Top Labels in this Space