Marketing apps widely

Hi

What is the best solution to be able to market an app widely with the following requirements:

1. I as owner should not have access to the client’s data or be able to read it, either in the app or back end database

2. Upgrades to both the app and back end should not be cumbersome especially when there are 1000+ customers

i know having one app with each customer having their own gsheet is very much possible. But then how does one make changes to the gsheet for upgrades?

Is whitelisting an option?

appreciate someone helping out   Thanks

1 3 104
3 REPLIES 3

So if you are trying to do this widely, the first thing I recommend considering is making a public app. The cost is $50/month and it has anonymous users. 

I do not think that is what you are looking for but just in case. What I recommend is if you are wanting to do and work on upgrades for an app then making a copy of the app editing it when it is not pushed out live then going here to upgrade the app version. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 11.34.04.png

Here you can upgrade the app once it has already been created because you do not want to be editing the back end while users are working on it. 

If you give customers their own sheets then it is technically different apps that they would have. So making a copy of that app would be what you are doing but you cannot upgrade them all at once. Copies can be made in the others tab. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 11.36.33.png

I hope this helps please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. 

Lastly 1,000 + customers is a pretty penny for the licenses for the app, just something else to be considered. 

Craig

QREW Technologies

Thanks Craig for the solution 

Top Labels in this Space