Merge Google Calendar tables into one view

Is there any way to merge my google calendar tables into 1 view?

I am trying very hard to integrate a main view of my teams multiple calendars (which are different colors). The problem is, these are in a google calendar and are separate views. I want what we input to sync back to my google calendar.

Right now, the only way I have been able to create anything that will work is by creating our own calendar in google sheets. It looks great! However, I want the users to be able to integrate the appsheet calendar into their phone calendars if they choose.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

0 9 2,055
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

@jandrostory81
AppSheetโ€™s calendar view is just an UI element, not a calendar app, so Iโ€™m afraid what you want is not possible.

Maybe with the Zapierโ€ฆ

Thanks guys! I tried the Zapier thing but the problem is that Incoukdnt figure out how to get zapier to update a row when someone changes an event. Adding and syncing adds between the two were easy enough, but modifying was difficult. Maybe it s too new to me.

What about using a webhook (which I have no idea about) or somehow connecting all google calendars (added from the appsheet editor) somehow referencing each other to create one main calendar? Is this possible?

Yes you could use a webhook and Google Script to do the same, assuming your backend is Google Sheets

Simon@1minManager.com

Could you walk me through this?

@jandrostory81
Firstly you need to create a standalone Google Apps Script project with relevant code to read & write your Google Calendar(s) and events. Then you need to deploy this project as a webapp and use this webappโ€™s URL as a webhook endpoint URL in your AppSheet Webhook Workflow. Do you have any expertise with scripting?

If you mean by finding someone else script and pasting it, then yes, Iโ€™ve done it a few times lol.

What exactly is the purpose of the webhook? What does it add to the app?

If you are familiar with scripting, could you help me figure out how to edit the script I have found that works to include the calendar name in a column? I have 6 calendars that I want to load into one sheet with the column that identifies the calendar name. Here is the script that works awesome:

@jandrostory81
I believe Iโ€™m a little bit familiar with scripting. I need to investigate your script source a bit, and then get back to you.

The purpose of webhook is provided you want to update calendar data automatically when the user changes app data, you will need a webhook endpoint to POST your request to the Google Calendar API so that it will automatically update your calendar event(s).

Top Labels in this Space