Most frequent users

Hi community!

Iโ€™m trying to identify the most frequent users of my Apps so as to interview them and get feedback.
Iโ€™ve tried to find that piece of info in the Usage Statistics view but I canโ€™t seem to find it.

Any suggestions is welcome! thanks!

0 8 171
8 REPLIES 8

Hi! My own usage of AppSheet is a bit odd (I just have a couple of prototype apps that I have students copy) so I havenโ€™t done this sort of thing myself but your inquiry reminded me of this:

It might be possible to set up a user table to record the kind of information you would like to have.

Of course, the information may be available even without a user table. Iโ€™ll be interested to see what others have to say about this.

Thanks Kirk_Masden!
However, I wish I have no additional development to bring in my Apps (around 15 apps to evaluate).
Besides, I will not be able to see who has been mostly using my apps in the past.
My wish is to get a quick overview of my main users.
When I see what is displayed in the Usage Statistics view, I sense that what Iโ€™m looking for is there but I just donโ€™t know how to see it.

I hope someone can answer your question.

This is at the bottom of โ€œUsage Statisticsโ€

It can be a bit time consuming, but @SkrOYC is right; all the information you need is inside this lower chart.

• You just have to go through one-by-one and look at each of your users.

There is another chart, above this one I think, that shows the collected usage from all your users. Each user in that one is color-coded, so you can just look for the most common color, and find the ID of that user.

• From there, itโ€™s just a matter of figuring out who that user ID belongs to (which you can find inside any audit log

Thanks guys,

I know those charts and it is feasible if you have a few users.
I have hundreds of usersโ€ฆ
besides I use partitions (around 150 for some Apps) which makes the evaluation of my most frequent users difficult.
We will probably do that though a BigQuery but I wished it would be easier to see it directly in AppSheet platform

Hello! In my case, I always interpret that the most frequent users are those who submit the greatest number of entries in the application (users can add, update, delete and / or only see the data). If each of the inputs has a column where the USEREMAIL () value is recorded, then I can make a slice of that information with only that column, and see the result in a โ€œpie chartโ€ view, counting the number of records.

A similar approach would be to use formulas directly on your data source (if youโ€™re using excel or sheets as a data source of course)

If you have many apps to evaluate with different sheets that might be a decent bit of work, but if youโ€™ve maintained a similar structure it might be as simple as copy pasting the same formula across multiple sheets.

Top Labels in this Space