Move records to another table or slice

Hi People,

Can anyone help me on how to move a record from a table or a slice when a certain action is triggered or executed. Example, I have a table that contains name of people, but if a person dies and the table is updated then the person's record is move automatically to the deceased slice of the data. 

Can some help?

0 4 143
4 REPLIES 4

@zacc_oraro wrote:

record is move automatically to the deceased slice of the data.

For moving records of the same table between different slices created on the same table, you could use filter expressions on slices. 

Slices: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Slice row filter conditions - AppSheet Help

Hi ,Suvrutt_Gurjar,

thank you for your response. I have one table and have 2 slices of data. All I want to see happen is when a certain record is updated I want to move the particular record to one of the slice automatically. Is there any way to do that? I tried filter conditions but the record is still showing on the actual table. All I want is to move the record to the slice table.

zacc_oraro_0-1662420281638.png

When you want to move records, this is essentially the same thing as using the concept of a  blueprint table to copy records to another table; only after you make the copy, this time you delete the blueprint record.

I've got a video showing how to put together a blueprint table, and how you can copy the records from that to another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQumluhL4Q

You'd just need to create a composite action, combining together the copy with a delete right afterwards

As mentioned before, you could use slice filters. Depending on updates of certain columns , those records will appear in respective slices based on slice filter expressions.

Please take a look at the referred articles in the first post on slices and slice filters.

Top Labels in this Space