Multiple devices, shared to one account, specific app need login

Hi all,

We have these devices:
20+ iPhones
20+ Zebra T26 scanners

In our environment, right now, all devices has PowerApps installed, but it is very slow.
I have been asked if something is more fast, and I believe Appsheet could do the job, but I am unsure if I can do the below question, and if it is allowed due to the terms of use?

All devices which has PowerApps installed right now, is logged in with the same account because so many people durring all 24 hours a day, just grab a phone and a scanner when they start working. Durring a workday, they can easily change phone or scanner several times due to high workload in specific periods of the day and maybe not enough phones or scanners in few situations.

So, if I start to create apps with Appsheet (I have a lot to learn, but I take this as a challenge ๐Ÿ™‚ ), maybe around 10-15 different apps needs to be created, and out of this, maybe 1 or 2 may only be accessed by a small group of people. Again, none of them has their own personal devices or account.

Will I be able to create these 15 apps, share the apps to one account that is logged in on all devices, and then do so 1 or 2 of the apps when you open them, it requires a username and password? It is totally fine if the usernames comes from a list in the database along with an associated password. This group of people dosen't change very often, maybe once or twice every second year, so if something changes, maybe just one or two names needs to be edited in the database list with allowed users for this specific app.

None of the apps has personal info or critical data.
All apps are used to reduce paper work when registrer different types of equipment, or make the day a bit easier.

All the best

Solved Solved
0 2 500
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When it comes to user access, there are two main apps - Secured and non-Secured.

• Secured apps require user login and require licenses per user per month starting at $5 a license.
  • Non-secured apps (or Public Apps) do not require user login and can have unlimited number of users BUT it costs $50/month/per app.  

So the big question is...Do you need a secured or non-secured app? 

Based on how you are describing your current operations, it seems maybe you don't require a high level of secured access so maybe a non-secured app will work.  You can likely reduce the number of apps needed (to help lower cost if that is a concern) by combining features into a single app.  Just know that ANYONE who obtains a copy of a Public app link can install it and interact with it.

@Surdusvacca wrote:

Will I be able to create these 15 apps, share the apps to one account that is logged in on all devices, and then do so 1 or 2 of the apps when you open them, it requires a username and password?

No. "Logged in" implies a secured app and secured app login's are only allowed on up to 5 devices.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When it comes to user access, there are two main apps - Secured and non-Secured.

• Secured apps require user login and require licenses per user per month starting at $5 a license.
  • Non-secured apps (or Public Apps) do not require user login and can have unlimited number of users BUT it costs $50/month/per app.  

So the big question is...Do you need a secured or non-secured app? 

Based on how you are describing your current operations, it seems maybe you don't require a high level of secured access so maybe a non-secured app will work.  You can likely reduce the number of apps needed (to help lower cost if that is a concern) by combining features into a single app.  Just know that ANYONE who obtains a copy of a Public app link can install it and interact with it.

@Surdusvacca wrote:

Will I be able to create these 15 apps, share the apps to one account that is logged in on all devices, and then do so 1 or 2 of the apps when you open them, it requires a username and password?

No. "Logged in" implies a secured app and secured app login's are only allowed on up to 5 devices.

Thank you very much, great explanation, much appreciated mate. All the best 

Top Labels in this Space