My app is getting bigger! Which is the potencial of Appsheet?

Hi Appsheet Community, 
Very happy to be part of this Community, it has been really really helpfull.
We are making a system that is getting complex. 
It has 10 main tables and maybe 30 tables for Costumer names, locations or contacts, etc.
We have made lots of actions, a few automations and lots of app formulas.

As we advance, I get scared of ยฟWhich is the limit of Appsheet? ยฟIs there a moment where no more tables can be added? ยฟIs there a moment where format rules are too many? ... ... ...

As I am new in this, maybe I am far from the limit and this fear is only a fantasy ๐Ÿคฃ 

We have put a lot lot lot of time in this, it is something that makes us really proud, we will like to make it bigger and continue. 

Thanks, looking for your comments.

Solved Solved
0 4 225
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Based on my experience with this platform so far, the key factors affecting app's performance (Google Sheets based apps) are:

1. Number of rows among the biggest tables.

2.Number of tables in relation using Ref column type.

3.Number of expensive functions; like SELECT(); used in Virtual column and Actions.

4.Having format rules.

5.Having calendar views, especially on devices.

6.Having images displayed on your apps.

7.Size (resolution) of images (in case of the 6).

I have an app that avoids/minimizes these 2-7 factors, it runs very smooth including 3-5 seconds of sync-time. The biggest table now reaches 23,000+ rows. To me this is the very best I could have on this platform.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You're farrrr away ๐Ÿ˜†

This is more dependent on where you store the underlying data. Such as Google Sheets, Appsheet Database, or SQL database. The first two options have limitations on the how much data could physically be stored, such as the number of rows, columns, data within a single 'cell'. SQL database is quasi unlimited, however you will want to consider calculations for virtual columns and the sheer amount of data being requested by your application as this will affect performance.

Based on my experience with this platform so far, the key factors affecting app's performance (Google Sheets based apps) are:

1. Number of rows among the biggest tables.

2.Number of tables in relation using Ref column type.

3.Number of expensive functions; like SELECT(); used in Virtual column and Actions.

4.Having format rules.

5.Having calendar views, especially on devices.

6.Having images displayed on your apps.

7.Size (resolution) of images (in case of the 6).

I have an app that avoids/minimizes these 2-7 factors, it runs very smooth including 3-5 seconds of sync-time. The biggest table now reaches 23,000+ rows. To me this is the very best I could have on this platform.

@nicolasfsamaja wrote:

ยฟIs there a moment where format rules are too many?

Sure, because format rules run on the client side, how much ram and other factors will vary the experience between users

Top Labels in this Space