Need Help Creating Report Template

Hello! I need help creating a daily report template. I have a table in my app where a user enters data into a column, and then when the form is saved, a row with data from the entry is added to a different spreadsheet called โ€œdaily report (pst).โ€ At the end of the day, users may have made multiple entries or edits the table, and they all are recorded in this. At 10:00 pm, I want there to be a report for each โ€œlistโ€. I want this report to contain a list of the different entries of just today. No yesterday or before yesterday entries. And I want each report to be specific to a particular list. As an example, I have this document of how I would want my November 30th report for Acme East to look. I also only want the report to go out if there was an entry made on a day for a particular store list. For example, if you look at my spreadsheet link, I would not want a November 29th report for Rednerโ€™s because no entries were made, but one would be sent on the 30th at 10:00 pm, containing the 2 entries listed on the Rednerโ€™s report.

How should I go about making this report? Thanks!

0 9 874
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @retailpartnercom
Try this for your template

Acme East Daily Report

<<Today()>>

<<Start: Select(Todays[Report ID], โ€œAcme Eastโ€=[List],TRUE)>>

<<[Store Name]>> (<<[Store #]>>)

<<[Today]>>

<<[Visit Details]>>

<>
You need an End at the end , Its not showing in here. Also add your formatting

This was also based on a slice for TODAY(). You may be able to add that to the SELECT expression but I didnt try it.

Hi @Lynn, thank you very much for your help! I changed a few things around based off of the template that you made for me. I have another question, although it might be an easier question.

This is the New Template. This is the Spreadsheet. This is the Email I got using the New Template and the Spreadsheet.

First of all, I do not know why the Email has such a big header. It starts on Page 3 when I copied and pasted, and I couldnโ€™t get it to go to page 1. Do you know why that could be?

But this is my actual question: If you look at only the Gonnella Report part of the Email, it has the entry made by the [Company] โ€œBakers Group - BakEnjoyโ€. However, as part of my โ€œContainsโ€ function near the โ€œStart:โ€, I had it to where it was only supposed to include the rows that had the word โ€œGonnellaโ€ inside of the [Company]. My goal was for the โ€œGonnellaโ€ reports and the โ€œBakers Group - Gonnellaโ€ reports to go in the Gonnella Report, but not the โ€œBakers Group - BakEnjoyโ€ reports.

How should I solve that problem?

BTW, you have saved me so much time trying to figure these reports out, so thank you very much @Lynn!

Hi @retailpartnercom To avoid the bakers Group-Bak Enjoy in the Acme east report
try this
โ€œ<<Start: Select(Today[Key],AND(CONTAINS([Company],โ€œGonnellaโ€),โ€œAcme Eastโ€=[List],TRUE))>>โ€

How would I avoid it in the Gonnella Report? Thanks again!

I tried the same contains function, but it didnโ€™t work for the Gonnella Report.

Just to clarify, the Acme East Daily Report has the goal of sending out in a list all of the Acme East store visits for the current day. The Gonnella Daily Report has the goal of sending out all of the Gonnella OR brokerโ€™s that do business with Gonnellaโ€™s store visits.
Edit: Sorry Forgot to tag you @Lynn!

Like if there wasโ€ฆ
#1: Acme East | Gonnella
#2: Acme East | Bakerโ€™s Group - Gonnella
#3: Acme East | Bakerโ€™s Group - Bakenjoy
#4: Meijer | Gonnella

I would want the two emails to beโ€ฆ

Acme East Daily Report

Gonnella Daily Report

Just as a side note, I combined the two reports onto the same doc for now to make it easier to mess with them, and to compare them, but eventually, they will be separate docs. Thanks @Lynn!

@retailpartnercom Ah ok, I will have another go. Iโ€™m sure we can do it somehow .

Thank you so much for your time you are really helping me out a ton!

HI @retailpartnercom heck this one out

@Lynn that did the trick! Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space