Need a way to enter Keyword and a Value

I need a form so that my userโ€™s can add a Keyword and a Value that will be searched for through a resume.
So my users are gonna be creating jobs postings. When an applicant comes in, we will be parsing and searching their resume to grade them. I want my users to be able to create the list of keywords and the value associated with that keyword. Would I be able to accomplish this inside of a single form and a single save? I know that I could just have a form that comes back to itself to add a new row for X job but I would like to avoid that (picky users are fun). I have only a single idea and its a very iffy idea.

0 5 438
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A many-to-one relationship? Sure. The list of keywords would be an EnumList.

More like a creating a dictionary in a single field so <Key, Value> they need to be able to enter both of those value for multiple pairs. Theyโ€™d be able to enter anything for Key and pick something like 1 through 5 for value.

Do you want the multiple <Key, Value> pairs tied together some how? In other words, will you want them referenced or associated as a group?

I want them all in a single field or pair of fields if necessary so that they can be together on one form. I will be parsing them out for my use later not in appsheet. So the columns would look like this:
Job_ID(int, key)
Job_Title(text, label)
Job_Score_List(EnumList)

Job_Score_List would be the dictionary. Could be 2 enumlist if I need the users to pick 1 then pick 2 then go back to 1 to add the next key value pair.

So it would esentially look like a related table but in a field instead of related table as to make the entering of values smoother.

There isnโ€™t any direct functionality in AppSheet that would accomplish what you wish.

However, some, including myself, have been playing with Parent/Child tables to make Child entry easier.

The main use case is select several items from an EnumList and then have those added as NEW rows to a child table. Then place the table in Quick edit mode to fill in the additional details of all the rows together.

In your case I could see a dropdown to select the number of โ€œdictionaryโ€ items to enter, Save and then a second view present a table with that number of rows, already in Quick edit mode, for the user to complete the <Key, Value> pairs.

Save again and you have a Parent with a list of child โ€œdictionaryโ€ entries without the need of entering each line by line.

Top Labels in this Space