Need form fillable w/ checkboxes, but seems only way to do that is with questions in rows rather than columns?

Hi everyone,

I have a checklist form with about 100 questions about a service region that needs to be fillable with check boxes while scrolling through different tabs. The only clean looking way Iโ€™ve seen to do it is referenced in [this post] (How to add a checkbox to a table view) about table views.

I was able to implement this, but it only works with rows: So instead of each question with a checkbox being in a column, one column has to be questions and one column checkboxes.

How would this work though if the user has to fill the checkbox form about multiple service regions? It would seem each unique ID needs to be in a new table? The columns would be | uniqueid | question | check box field.

Am I missing something? It seems the only way you could have multiple users in one table would be bad design where the columns are: | question | check box field for region1 | check box field for region 2.

Am I missing something? Thanks

0 7 597
7 REPLIES 7

I donโ€™t think you are missing anything, at least as far as I know. If no one knows of a better way of doing this with AppSheetโ€™s current functions it might be good to make a feature request.

I assume that would cause performance issues? To have 1000 child tables, one for each checklist tied to a unique ID, rather than 1000 rows in 1 table?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The columns would be | uniqueid | region | question | check box field.

I think each field service worker would likely only have up to 100 regions. If each had that many (so 100 tables with 100 questions) would that be likely be feasible? (I.e. will that cause a slowdown w/ a semi modern phone)

From my POV, you should have YN columns and forget about the checkbox, just replace them with Yes/No fields like this:

Or this
3X_c_8_c80d290cfc6eca505c9d3d406239f7bfe380459c.png

Thanks for feedback Oscar (and Steve)

The only way Iโ€™ve seen to do the toggle like you show is in the quick edit view which requires navigating from the main view, is that correct? Or can I set a toggle for the form view?

Exactly

Top Labels in this Space