Question about sending Parent and Child data to new tables

Jaros

I’ve built a Recipe app in which there are base recipe saved, that then calculates the quantities needed when a user enters the desired yields which I got some help from the community in the link below.

This is done by entering a [Recipe_Desired_Yield] in the parent table, (Recipe) and the child records ([RecIng_Calculate_Recipe_for_yield]) are updated in a virtual column.

I’ve got that working, but now I want to go further and I was hoping someone could advise me on the best way forward.

The end goal:

The production manager would like to be able to give the producer a Recipe plan for the week.

I have been told that duplicating rows is not a good idea but I think in this case this would be the best way.

I think the way to do it would be to create new tables which would be “Recipe plan” and “Recipe plan details”.

The manager could then use the solution from the link above to calculate a recipe and then push the information from the Virtual column to the new tables so that there is a place where the information is stored for later reference.

The manager would also like to be able to use the data from the Recipe plan to calculate whether or not there is enough stock on hand of all the items needed to produce the recipes.,

So I’m thinking that exporting the parent and child rows from the Recipe calculations to new tables would be best for allowing this to work.

Can I use the Action “Add a new row to another table using values from this row”.

If so how does it work to update a Parent and a Child table together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 1 59
1 REPLY 1

Top Labels in this Space