New Bug Encountered: Advance forms automatically Not working

Iโ€™ve enabled Advance forms automatically.
My first column is [NFC1] and it is set to required. When I open the form, the NFC Scanner is active and I can scan the NCF chip. Perfekt!
When I edit the form, the first column [NFC1] will be hidden. Instead of that I see the second column [NFC2]. This one is also required. But the NFC scanner will not be active. I have to press the NFC-sign first.

Is this a bug, or is โ€œAdvance forms automaticallyโ€ not working in form while editing?

Adding @Aleksi

My App is TimeTracking-622224

Solved Solved
1 48 2,950
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Focusing the first entry in the form was an older behavior that predated โ€œadvance forms automaticallyโ€ and doesnโ€™t depend on it. But it looks like it was applied specifically to adding new rows and not to edits. I think we supposed that in an add you are more likely to be going through the whole form in sequence, while in an edit you are usually intending just to update one or more specific columns and thereโ€™s generally no reason to assume the first field is one of them.

But this is an odd case where you have an existing row with a blank required field, and at that point itโ€™s obvious the user will need to update it even in an edit. So I think we can apply the autofocus in that situation. Look for that to take effect within a day or two @Fabian.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48

Hi! I am new to this comunity. Regarding this problem, I have a similar issue with scanning qr codes. Ihave just find that the autoadvance works fine if you mark the column as โ€œrequiredโ€. Anyone can check this?
Regards

Yes thatโ€™s right @racatapum. There are 3 things you have to do:

• UX --> Options --> Enable โ€œAdvance forms automaticallyโ€
  • The Scan Column must be the first column appearing in your form
  • Enable โ€œRequired?โ€ in your Scan Column

Yes, the only problem is that not all the columns I need are realy requiredโ€ฆ Fortunately, the โ€œrequired?โ€ field can be edited with a โ€œrequiered ifโ€ formula.
Thank you!

Has this been fixed yet?
I am using a LINKTOFORM expression that uses the values from one form and prefills the first 2 columns in another.
I have made these 2 columns hidden so that when the linked Form opens the 3rd Column would hopefully open automatically. However this is not the case and requires manual opening of the textbox.

First Form is titled โ€œNameโ€ (which opens textbox automatically), and is then linked to another form titled โ€œDetailโ€ which does not open automatically.

Meaning the form field do not auto-focus? Whatโ€™s the issue, can you elaborate?

Hi @LeventK,
Correct, when the 2nd Form is opened it wont auto-focus on the column named โ€œcompany or addressโ€, i.e. the keyboard does not automatically pop up. But it auto-focuses in the first form where the keyboard automatically pops up.

All columns are set to required and I have enabled Advance Forms Automatically.

Are you executing the second form with Form Saved Event Action of the first form?

Correct, so when the first form is saved, it opens the second form using the LINKTOFORM expression. The LINKTOFORM expression is a part of the Form Saved Event Action.

Advance forms automatically is now working when you use the form saved event action.

Top Labels in this Space