New Bug Encountered: COMPUTATIONS NOT BEING DONE ON CERTAIN REF ROWS

• I Have A Vehicle Inventory App With 2 Relevant Tables Right Now, Namely: Current Stocksheet, And Creditor Transactions. Vehicles Get Refurbed And Costed By Creating Creditor Transactions .

• The Vehicle Cost Is Worked Out By Taking The Initial Cost Amount And Adding Refurb Costsโ€ฆ My Computations Were Working Fine On All My Row Entries For Months, But Ive Now Realized That It No Longer Computes On Certain Rows. ( Even Though It Ref The Rows And Shows Up At The Bottom As A Virtual Column On The Relevant Vehicles).

• My Computations Still Compute On The Previously Entered Vehicles, But Seems To Not Work On All New Ones.

• My Formula Is: ([initial Stock] + Sum ( Select (Creditor Transactions[total Cost], [vin] = [_thisrow].[vin]))).

Solved Solved
0 1 264
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! Welcome to the AppSheet Community!

You provided a good description of what your app is doing. Its clear that there could several factors that might be contributing to the problem.

To be able to properly assess what could be happening for you, more details are going to be needed. In your case, I think the best way to demonstrate the issue is through video.

Could you post a video showing a row whose value is calculated properly and then a row that does NOT properly calculate? It should also show the calculation and try to demonstrate when and where the calc is applied.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi! Welcome to the AppSheet Community!

You provided a good description of what your app is doing. Its clear that there could several factors that might be contributing to the problem.

To be able to properly assess what could be happening for you, more details are going to be needed. In your case, I think the best way to demonstrate the issue is through video.

Could you post a video showing a row whose value is calculated properly and then a row that does NOT properly calculate? It should also show the calculation and try to demonstrate when and where the calc is applied.

Top Labels in this Space