New Bug Encountered: Calendar View Issue

In working with the calendar view, I have found that the view does not include the end date under the colored bar. This has been reported by many people. In digging a little deeper I have found that the โ€œStart Timeโ€, and โ€œEnd Timeโ€ View Options do not allow the choice of โ€œTimeโ€ types of fields but rather only allow โ€œDateโ€ or โ€œDateTimeโ€ types of fields. There are many people that do not want to have to have users select a time when the event is added, so we can add the additional fields that auto-populates an early time for start, and a late time for end, but we cannot select those fields as โ€œStart Timeโ€ or โ€œEnd Timeโ€.

Please fix this soon. This issue goes back over years from what I see in the community questions.

As a side note, the โ€œEvent Calendarโ€ sample app has a calendar view that works appropriately. It has the Start Time and End Time slots selected on fields that are time based, so I am unsure why we cannot do the same.

0 2 141
2 REPLIES 2

Correction, It will allow Time based cells to be used, but they MUST be visible. I do not wish to have them shown as we do not use them. But if I do not have them visible so that I can use them then the calendar bar does not cover the end date.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A Date value of (for instance 2/5/2021) is equivalent to midnight of that date (i.e., 2/5/2021 00:00:00). To cover that last day, either add one to the Date value, or add a Duration of 024:00:00 to the DateTime value.

Top Labels in this Space