New Bug Encountered: EnumList of Ref type does not show full default item list

When creating a Ref column, the full item list from the base table is populated in dropdown list by default. However, when defining the same column as an EnumList with a Ref base type, only the first item is populated in the list. I am then forced to implement a SELECT() function to populate all items in the dropdown list. Below are images of just the basic column defined - no expressions specified.

Default for Ref type column

Default for EnumList of Ref base type

Solved Solved
1 3 1,046
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yep I’ve also seen this many times before. I’m not sure if this is a “bug”, but rather the column definition follows Enum/EnumList rules rather than Ref rules. You have to give options or a valid_if/suggested values List for Enum/EnumList columns.

The simplest solution is as @Brand-It mentioned, just putting table[key-colum] (or FILTER(table,TRUE)) into valid_if/suggested .

@WillowMobileSystems I believe what you’re seeing with only the single item is actually the dropdown just showing you previously used values from other records in that table, as Enum columns always do when “allow other values” is true.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I had the same issue & thought that I was doing something wrong… A workaround for me was to enter the table[column] into the ‘Suggested Values’ expression field instead of the ‘Valid_if’ field.

Yep I’ve also seen this many times before. I’m not sure if this is a “bug”, but rather the column definition follows Enum/EnumList rules rather than Ref rules. You have to give options or a valid_if/suggested values List for Enum/EnumList columns.

The simplest solution is as @Brand-It mentioned, just putting table[key-colum] (or FILTER(table,TRUE)) into valid_if/suggested .

@WillowMobileSystems I believe what you’re seeing with only the single item is actually the dropdown just showing you previously used values from other records in that table, as Enum columns always do when “allow other values” is true.

Ah, yes you are correct. I didn’t think of that. The fact it was showing only a single value was the only reason I labeled it as a bug. I’ll retract that.

Top Labels in this Space