New Bug Encountered: Image not loading on app

Hi there
In my app each record (row) has an image. The image comes via url from a public domain, as described here.

In the app preview it looks all fine, but the images aren’t showing on the mobile app. Only a placeholder symbol (triangle with exclamation mark). Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

0 16 894
16 REPLIES 16

Try to open another app and then reopen the app with this problem.

I don’t fully understand. An other app made with Appsheet? I haven’t got a 2nd one

Okay. Try to logout and then login if that helps.

Tried twice, but still the same

What is the/an image URL your app is using?

@Steve my thoughts went into a similar direction, hence I’ve tried different image urls. Although they’re all public, they’re processed differently and I’m trying to figure out now, what the best location to place images would be (I’m open for suggestions):

• 1st location - Wordpress site of mine - didn’t work
  • 2nd location - another Wordpress site* of mine - didn’t work, although with a different error message (image hotlinking)
  • 3rd location - from a newspaper directory - this one worked

So the question is; what’s a good location to place ones image files?

*as a new user I can only share two links per post, I wasn’t able to publish this post otherwise. I’ll post it in a 2nd post, right after

this is the link to the above mentioned 2nd image location

Your cert is bad.

Which site do you reference to?

Yep, I concluded that as well, so I’ve tested another site with https://nataschabuckenergy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/6eck-Bild-schwarzer-Tourmalin.png - which also doesn’t work, but with a different error.

With the first it’s the certificate, with the 2nd I haven’t found the reason yet.

Thanks anyway for looking into it!

Have you thought to use Google Drive as a source?

yes and tried, but wouldn’t work . In case you want to test it as well?

I assume that, because it requires URL visitors to log-on to their Google account, it doesn’t work. View settings are set to “anyone can see who has the link”.

Please copy the Google Drive Link of the image and paste it here.
http://kolorobot.github.io/permalink/
This will generate a Link you can use in AppSheet.

Thanks @Fabian, but this doesn’t work either. Any ideas for an other storage solution? I think Google Drive is blocking it for all queries from non logged on clients

@Pinkamber You should use “Public on the Web”.

Top Labels in this Space